Christopher De Nittis
Christopher De Nittis counsels both individual and corporate clients on a wide range of legal issues with a special focus on tax and estate planning. His background in real estate development has enabled him to effectively counsel clients on development, construction and sales of both land and building projects. He is dedicated to seeing his clients achieve their entrepreneurial goals and realizing their professional and familial visions.
Chris began his legal career at Pricewaterhouse Coopers after graduating from Georgetown University’s tax law program. At PwC, Chris worked as a tax associate charged with advising and assisting national companies with various jurisdictional tax compliance goals.
Wanting to bring this same level of expertise and attention to individual clients and their families, Chris joined a boutique estate planning and business law firm in Charlotte. There, he served high-net worth families by advising and implementing estate planning strategies designed with the twin goals of wealth preservation and generational planning. He also assisted entrepreneurs at all stages of their business development.
Chris then served as general counsel at a real estate development and investment partnership where he was able to combine his legal background with his prior experience as a real estate broker. There, he supervised and helped administer multiple sales and development campaigns in addition to managing both commercial and investment real estate portfolios. He also provided individual estate and tax planning services to partners and their families.
Prior to attending law school, Chris worked as a real estate broker and as an award winning newspaper journalist.
- Counseled North Carolina real estate developer on land purchase, lot recombination and rezoning for townhome development project.
- Managed transactions for major commercial retail development project, including property management, leasing and eventual sale of property.
- Advised developers on construction and leasing of flex warehouse project.
- Counseled client on 1031 exchange options for $15 million gain in sale of real estate investment
- Assisted developer investors in determining sell and hold options for real estate portfolio based on tax liability and associated carrying costs.
- Resolved tax controversy for client facing wage garnishment and property tax liens
- Negotiated international warehousing agreement on behalf of North Carolina client
- Drafted estate planning documents to achieve generational wealth transfer and asset protection goals.
- Counseled multiple out of state clients on achieving goals of moving business operations to North Carolina.
Masters of Law (LLM) in Taxation, Certificate in Estate Planning, 2012
Juris Doctor (JD), cum laude, 2011
Bachelor of Arts in Journalism (ABJ), Minor in History, 2003
U.S. Tax Court